Combination of Windows standard products of the automation & process control area
OPC stands for "OLE for Process Control" and defines the communication among arbitrary Windows 2000/XP applications based on Microsoft DCOM, specialized for the requirements in the field of process automation. The objective of OPC is the random combination of Windows standard products of the automation and process control area without customization, such as driver development or integration. An OPC client accesses the data of an OPC Server via server tags including data of the process periphery.
- The development of special drivers and their integration is not necessary. Standard products can be combined arbitrarily.
- The OPC Server is available for the DF boards and FNL and supports the protocols SINEC-L1 and PROFIBUS DP/DPV1
- Developed according to the latest specifications of the OPC Foundation
- Extensive configuration tool for commissioning of the connected communication line and for definition of the required server tags
- Integrated test and diagnostic tools
- OPC client application